Sunday, December 27, 2009

Favorite Soup of the Moment...

So I’ve been sick for about a week now and the only thing that sounds good to eat is soup (okay…and chocolate). I’ve done the spicy chicken tortilla soup for two days in a row now and am no working on my Tons-O-Vegetable “Beef” Soup. The “beef” is in quotations because I use lean ground turkey but then beef it up with beef broth. This soup is not for the faint of heart…it’s bold, chunky AND you can get multiple servings of veggies per bowl…oh yeah and it’s super tasty!

This recipe should fill an entire stock pot and last for days…feel free to add/take away/or substitute veggie choices.

  • 2-3 pounds ground turkey
  • 2 onions (chopped)
  • 6 stocks of celery (chopped)
  • 1 large zucchini
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • One package mixed veggies (corn, carrots, peas and green beans)
  • One package mixed veggies (lima beans, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower)
  • Parsley, basil, oregano to taste
  • 10 cups beef broth
  1. In stockpot, brown and drain turkey.
  2. Add fresh chopped veggies, drained turkey and spices to the still hot stock pot.
  3. Add beef broth, can of diced tomatoes and frozen veggies.
  4. Cover on medium high for 1-2 hours.

How easy is that?!

Enjoy! J

3 comments:

  1. Hear, hear...this soup IS delicious! I'm printing this off so I can make sure I have the ingredients when I go to the store next...this is soup weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS delicious...in fact, I'm eating a bowl of it right now. Also forgot to mention that fresh mushrooms are a great addition to this soup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm totally trying this! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete