Thursday, January 10, 2013

Treadmill Interval Training...whew!

Because it was raining and dark this morning, I chose to take my run to the treadmill. I have been working on my speed, and interval training is a great way to get faster and burn a ton of calories. Here's what I did...maybe you would like to do it too! :)

Set treadmill at a 1% incline
Warm-up: 3 mins @ 5.5 mph
Interval Set #1: 2 minutes at 6 mph, 1 minute at 7 mph (repeat a total of 5 times)
Interval Set #2: 1 minute at 6 mph, 30 seconds at 7.7 mph (repeat a total of 10 times)
Cool down: 2 minutes @ 5.5 mph followed by 2 minutes slow walk

You can make this as fast or as slow as you want. But whatever you do, make it challenging and don't forget how you will feel when it's done...don't quit in the thick of things!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment