Friday, May 4, 2018

Cinco de Mayo...clean and tasty!

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and we are having people over to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday with a taco bar and such..yay! But that doesn't mean that I can't eat clean. Here is what I plan to do to stay on track and keep feeling amazing. 

I'm going to fill a bowl with the following:

  • cooked cauliflower rice (super easy with Trader Joe's frozen kind) or regular rice (super easy with steam-in-bag rice
  • shredded taco chicken (so easy, throw chicken breasts in the crockpot with a jar of salsa...all day on low, 4 hours on high), or pork shoulder or ground turkey (we are having it all :) ). I use this super simple home-made taco seasoning
  • black beans (I'm in love with Trader Joe's Cuban style black beans)
  • shredded lettuce or cabbage
  • diced onion (you can grab some at the salad bar in your grocery store if you don't want to chop)
  • salsa
  • and definitely guacamole!
Yummy!








No comments:

Post a Comment