Friday, June 26, 2009

Guest Blogger...Bryan Marlborough

From time to time it's good to have another point of view...for me, one of the "other points of view" that I value regarding fitness is a man's point of view. Therefore, please welcome Bryan Marlborough, owner of Marlborough's Strength Development in Lee's Summit, MO. Here's what Bryan has to say as of late...

Training Plans

I was talking with a guy earlier who said he was gaining a little weight, and he didn’t know if it was the muscle gains he was making or actual fat gain. I asked him more or less what his training goal was, to lose fat or put on muscle. He didn’t really have an answer. It is hard to train if you aren’t training for a specific purpose.

A similar point I want to make is about the general notion that all training can or should be the same. It is a fairly common belief that exercise is exercise and everyone can or should do the same things. This is a very misguided belief that seems to be spread around the community.
All training shouldn’t be the same. If you are training for a specific purpose, your training shouldn’t mirror another’s who is training for a different purpose. I will elaborate a little on what I mean. :)

To read more about different training types, visit Bryan's blog at http://livestrength.com/blog/.

No comments:

Post a Comment