Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Out of sight, out of mind...

I just read that Dr. Oz banned all junk food (including sugary drinks…soda…from his offices). There were some complaints made for sure, but I wonder if it’s really a bad thing to ban unhealthy food from the areas we work. Though some may think this is unreasonable and cruel, think about it: what if “out of sight, out of mind” works in making people weigh less, become healthier and feel their best.

I know that when I have worked in a place that provided candy at every corner, donuts in every conference room and soda in the break room, I would totally much down, not because I wanted to, but because it was convenient and “there.” BUT if it isn’t there (as I have purged my office…which is my home of junk), when I get hungry, I have low fat popcorn and cut up fruit and veggies to satisfy a craving. This is just a thought…and a challenge, to remove the foods that you know you eat without thinking and that you know are not great for you nutritionally. Just see how you feel after a few days of clean, healthy eating…

No comments:

Post a Comment