Monday, May 3, 2010

First EVER green (as in the color) smoothie

Okay...I have always been a bit wary of the green colored smoothie...I mean...who can drink something that looks like that. Well...apparently I can. If you can see past the baby puke green color or even sometimes brownish color, it is amazing. A great energy boost and low in calories!

Check out what I'm drinking as I type.

Erin's Berry Green-ish Smoothie

1.5 cups water
Huge handful of fresh spinach (should fill about half the blender...unpacked)
3/4 cup frozen mixed berries
1/2 container non-fat Yoplait yogurt (about 1/4 cup)...your fav flavor...I used vanilla
1 teaspoon Stevia in the Raw
Handful of ice

Blend until creamy! And check out the stats on this tasty treat:

130 calories
0 grams of fat
4 grams of protein
7 grams of fiber (YEAH! That's about 30% of your daily recommended intake!!)

Drink it up people!

No comments:

Post a Comment