Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My "lazy" veggie go-to

So I used to get this veggie mix all the time from Trader Joe's....and then I forgot about it...weird. Anyway, summer craziness is full blown in my house and I barely have time to chew my food before swallowing it, let alone spend a ton of time dicing a nice variety of veggies. Re-enter the amazing Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix into my life. It is chalk full of fiber and vitamins and includes broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, green bell pepper, radish and celery....boom.  I use it for like a zillion things: under eggs on a veggie pile, as a hearty salad topper, sauteed on the side of grilled chicken or salmon, in soup or even as a crunchy, low-calorie snack. You can get your own at Trader Joe's in the refrigerated vegetable section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment