Thursday, April 18, 2019

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins...just in time for Easter Brunch!


I just ate one of these guys and I can not tell you how amazing these are. I don't eat gluten and dairy because those foods trigger some very scary migraines. So I tend to miss out on cake, cookies, scones, muffins, cinnamon rolls and basically all other amazing baked goods. And I miss them! So when I try out a new recipe and it's like the good ol' gluten-filled version, it really makes my day.

These gluten free lemon poppy seed muffins do not disappoint ( I betcha my family wont even be able to tell they are made with coconut flour).

What you need:

  • 6 eggs (at room temp)
  • 3 lemons juiced (about 5-6 TBSP)
  • Zest of lemons if you want to make them extra tasty
  • 1/2 cup honey 
  • 1/4 cup avocado oil (or ghee if you want a buttery, lactose-free experience)
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup coconut flour (I buy mine in the bulk section of Sprouts)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1-2 TBSP poppy seeds

What you do:

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees
  2. Line a muffin tin with liners or grease generously
  3. In a blender, blend all the wet ingredients and then add the wet ones and poppy seeds
  4. Pour or scoop (about 1/4 cup) into twelve muffin things
  5. Bake for 25-30 minutes (until baked through)
  6. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment