Friday, September 18, 2009

A not so sweet potato tail...

I love sweet potatoes...they are awesome. They taste fantastic, are high in fiber, a great source of vitamins A and C and low in calories (if you don't smother them with butter and marshmallows and such they're about 100 calories each!)

So here's the deal...usually I just throw a sweet potato in the oven until mushy...yummy! But today I decided to be adventurous and thought it would be fun to roast sweet potato bites. So I got out a knife and started chopping...I have never in my whole life tried to cut up something harder than a sweet potato. I went through 3 different kinds of knives until one (the butcher knife) worked...sorta...my arms are sore from all the elbow grease involved. After about 10 minutes of hard labor, I finally had a pile of diced sweet potatoes...I tossed them in a bit of olive oil and salt and will bake them at 400 degrees for about 30-45 minutes when I get back from a long overdue hair appointment.

Question...is there an easier way to dice these tubers??

2 comments:

  1. Rough...all I've got to say is that tuber-slicing is always dicey business....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever :) In the end, they turned out delicious and TOTALLY worth it the hard work.

    ReplyDelete