Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Mango....yes please!



Mango wasn't a fruit on my radar until recently. In fact, I didn't really like it. It was a bit "fuzzy" in it's texture for me. But then, all of a sudden, my sister offered me a disgusting looking piece of dried orange-ish-brown fruit...and because I was super-duper hungry, I took it. My. Mind. Was. Blown. No joke, My head snapped up  "What is THIS!" I asked (overly excitedly). "Oh," said my sister. "It's just unsweetened, unsulfured, dried mango." I was SOLD. Fresh mango, dried mango, freeze dried mango, frozen mango, any kind...I'm in.

With no added sugar, mango has become my go-to sweet treat. Check out its impressive nutrition profile.

Mango is awesome because:
  • Contains over a dozen kinds of antioxidants...yep...those guys that fight against free radical damage that can lead to cancer, diabetes and other illnesses.
  • Boosts immunity with lots of vitamins A, C, E and B
  • Helps with digestive health with lots of fiber and digestive enzymes
  • It's super duper yummy
I did have to do a bit of research on how to tell when/if a mango is ripe, so let me break it down for you in case you don't know either: just like a avocado and peaches, it should have a little softness to it. And it might smell fruity at the stem...that's it!This video is super helpful when cutting up fresh mango. 


No comments:

Post a Comment