Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Pizza Every Day...in a Boat? Yes!

 I would eat pizza every single day...no joke. Even the dairy and gluten free kind (don't feel too bad for me...there are some great substitutes!). But let's be honest, the crust and lack of veggies are two of the main problems with pizza (and no...don't tell me that the random mushroom or green pepper or sauce really counts as a healthy serving of produce.). 


Introducing Pizza in a Boat. I swear, this will change your life. It's so easy. It's so full of veggie goodness. It's soooo yummy. I made several of them and had one a day for a week...not sick of them yet...and neither is my 5-year-old. Winning. 

If you've never worked with a spaghetti squash before, they can be a bit tough to cut in half. So I stab mine like 12 times and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes to soften it up first before cutting. Then I put the halves face down in a pan with a bit of water for another 10 minutes in the microwave. Done! OR if you've thought ahead, you can do it in the crockpot (easiest ever...no stabbing needed!)

Spaghetti Squash Pizza Boats

What you need:

  • A Medium Spaghetti Squash (one squash will serve two people or make two pizzas)
  • Pizza Sauce 
  • All the toppings (my go tos are mushrooms, black olives, onions, peppers and pepperoni with a sprinkle of non-dairy cheese on top)
What you do: 
  1. Shred your cooked spaghetti squash into "noodles" in the "boat"
  2. Mix pizza sauce into the noddles
  3. Load that boat with a boatload of toppings
  4. Bake in oven at 375 for 20 minutes or so.
  5. EAT! (also super great to put in the fridge for a few days!)
My mouth is watering...going to go make one right this second!

No comments:

Post a Comment