Monday, November 21, 2011

Shirataki noodles; 20 calorie pasta substitute!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a soy product lover...I love meat! But, I just recently found a calorie bargain noodle substitute...and I love it! In my house we have spaghetti once a week and I normally substitute grilled veggies for noodles to save on calories (a cup of pasta is over 200 calories...yikes), and sometimes I miss that noodle-y taste and texture. So I tried shirataki noodles and they rock! For 40 calories in the entire bag (1/2 is a serving), you can eat them to your heart's content. They can be found in the refrigerated pasta section of your grocery store. Just make sure to rinse and boil them for about 3-4 minutes to get rid of the soy taste. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are right losing weight with shirataki noodles is a healthy choice.

    ReplyDelete