Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cleanse Day!

Okay…like many of you…I hear the phrase “I’m doing a cleanse” and I immediately think “EW…not for me!” But I tried a cellular cleanse designed to engage the body’s own way of ridding itself of toxins including the liver, kidneys and lymphatic system. This was NOT a colon cleanse…I’m not into that. But I wanted to document the way it went in case you are interested in doing something similar.
Every 2 hours or so, I was able to drink a cleansing product, eat a snack option and of course drink plenty of water and hot decaf tea (since I run a bit cold right now). I am writing this first part at 4:30 In the afternoon and have been up and at ‘em since 4:45 a.m. I’m feeling pretty good. I have had plenty of energy and haven’t even really been all that hungry, which I find amazing since I had to sit through a lunch at SPIN! Pizza (one of my favorite places).
What’s so great about cleansing this way? Well, let me tell you:
·         It Jumpstarts fat burning! I don’t know too many people do don’t have a little more fat on them than they would like, and research has showed that the calorie restriction that happens on cleanse days increases the human growth hormone which stimulates the body’s fat burning systems as well as suppresses the proteins in the body that synthesis and store fat
·         Intermittent fasting, such as including a cleanse day in your normal week or month can reset your insulin sensitivity and therefore helps you regulate your blood sugar on a daily basis. This has the added perk of decreasing your risk for Type-Two  Diabetes…hurray!
·         The lack of food on a cleanse day gives the digestive system a break and therefore kicks the body into detox and fat release mode since it’s not focused on getting your food from mouth to …you know…
Later in the evening…
I’m getting ready for bed and still feeling great. Am I excited for breakfast tomorrow? Heck yes! The only side effect I’ve had is a bit of a headache but I am chalking this up to a coffee-free day.  But this is totally doable even with an active lifestyle. Plus, feel light...I’ll be interested to see what the scale says tomorrow morning (which is my normal weigh-in time).

UPDATE: It's the day after and I lost 2.5 lbs and 2 inches off my waist...BOOM!
Need some more reasons to cleanse or interested in doing a cleanse to detox your body and release fat? E-mail me at erin@ehfitness.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment