Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Vacation time!

So I'm on vacation. Every year my husband and I head to the lake, just the two of us. And while basically all we do is sit around and eat and drink and take naps, I refuse to let all my hard workouts and clean eating progress go out the window. So, we plan! I stock the condo's fridge with tons of fruit and veggies (of course in the photo, you can't see the bottles of wine on the counter or the popcorn and M&MS in the cupboard, but you get the idea).

Yesterday, Nate and I ran THE Hill...the photos below don't do it justice. It's exactly 1/4 mile straight up with switchbacks. It's one of those hills that make you feel like you aren't even moving as you run your fastest up with your nose to the pavement the grade is so steep. So I did that twice, did 16 minutes of a Tabatas workout: hip-ups/single leg squats, divebomb push-ups/side planks, genie abs/kettle bell swings, dips (off jacuzzi)/speed skaters.

Then...I rewarded myself with this amazing breakfast!

And then I rewarded myself further with this amazing drink at lunch...I'm on vacation! ;)

So moral of the story is that I've decided my vacation time is all about balance...cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment