Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Quest bar look-alike

So I am all for eating "real" food straight from the earth, but sometimes a person has to have something on the run and doesn't have time to grill a chicken breast. Sooo...I am always looking for high protein bars that are as clean as possible. I have relied on Quest Bars for a while and they are fine, but are a bit pricey ($2.39-$3 a pop). Then, someone told me that Costco has a look-alike bar. And they weren't lying!! The Kirklan brand Protein Bars are gluten free and have the same ingredients as Quest but without the nasty sorbitol that can mess with people's (i.e. my) stomach. AND they are like $1 a piece...WHOA, right?! Now I don't have to hide them from my kids and babysitters...hehe. Anyway, they have two flavors: Chocolate Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I will miss the vast number of flavors Quest offers, but you really can't beat this price and holy moly, these bars are sooooo yummy. 

Here are the down and dirty nutrition facts: 190 calories, 7 grams fat, 23 gram carbs, 15 grams fiber, 1 sugar and a whopping 21 grams of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment