Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Real Body...I've got one!




This photo…yes THIS photo was featured in Glamour magazine (September 2009). I’m shocked an in awe. Finally there is a real live person in a woman’s magazine who looks normal and un-airbrushed and completely comfortable in her own skin. Love it!




If you are like me, I have (on occasion) read magazines like Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Self, etc. and compared my imperfect body to those women on the cover and on every page. Even after sweating through the “Bikini Body Workouts” and “Flat Abs Challenge” my abs never looked flat and toned like the models and actresses featured. Even after eating all the “Foods that Fight Cellulite” and none of the “Top 10 Most Fattening Foods,” my thighs are still more than a little bumpy in some areas and I still have a little junk in the trunk.




So what gives? I’ll tell you what. I’m a real live person who does not have scores of make-up artists giving me the perfect complexion and shadowing all over my body. I’m a real live person who doesn’t have a slew of photographers and graphic designers making me more slender and airbrushing out all my imperfections. What I DO have is a real body…a healthy body that I take care of. And because my body is totally unique with its own measurements, shape and size, my body is perfect for me! It’s the only body I have, so I can sit here and compare it to other’s or accept it for what it is…beautifully and uniquely mine! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow...just came across this...awesome...perfecto. That model rocks and should be the new hero for women the world over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She would have been sculpted as art in Greek or Renaissance times. Hopefully our culture will come back around to this image of the feminine with curves as being beautiful once again. Besides we need those curves to help feed our babies if ever we have them. - This is Sarah by the way.

    ReplyDelete