Friday, September 18, 2009

Fantastic Food Find Friday

The Find: Pure Protein Bars


The Facts: So I run around all day long from client to client and therefore have to pack food for snacks and meals. I don’t have a mini fridge in my car so I rely on lots of pre-cut veggies and fruit as well as some well balanced energy or protein bars. Some bars I have tried I have literally had to gag down. Some have been like candy bars, both in taste and in fat and sugar content. I have found a bar that is in the middle. I don’t want to eat like 10 of them, but they taste alright, are low in sugar, high in protein and they smash hunger in the face. Pure Protein Bars have 180 calories, 20 grams of protein, 2 grams of sugar and only 4.5 grams of fat (no saturated fat in these!) I buy mine at target, but you can find them at almost any drug store. My favorite flavor right now is Chocolate Deluxe…they also come in chocolate peanut butter, cookie dough and s’mores.


Spice it up! Not much you can do to spice up a protein bar, but please please please drink tons of water when you eat this. The water aids in digestion, plus makes the bar more filling.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment