Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A few more of my favorite things...

This time around, I thought I’d share some of my favorite workout gear instead of food. These are three things that I use several times a week if not daily to keep focused, comfortable and to push my body to be better and healthier.

 
SPIbelt: Although I am normally not a fan of fanny-packs nifty little belt is a less obvious way of carrying I.D., keys and your phone on a run. I bought one after I experienced some wrist problems stemming from holding my phone (also my music player) on long runs. I highly recommend it, even to the fanny-pack hater (it is easily hidden under your shirt or waistband.
 
yurbuds: Anyone else absolutely hate it when you sweat so much your earphones fall out during a workout? It’s the worst (especially in this crazy-hot weather)! I recently tried out yurbuds. They essentially “lock” into your ears and do not, I repeat DO NOT, fall out…it’s like magic! They are a bit more pricey than your average headphones but sooooooo worth it.
 
A Killer Playlist: Okay, so workout music in general is one of my favorite (and absolutely required) workout essentials. I know that people are motivated by different kinds of music, but I urge you to find something you love and jam out to it while sweating. If you need a suggestion, here is my most recent running playlist (I have also used it in spinning, boxing and Tabata interval classes). Basically, it’s amazing.*
 
Hey Ya (Outkast)
Cobrastyle (Teddybears)
Let's Go (Ne-Yo)
She's so mean (Matchbox Twenty)
Disturbia (Rihanna)
Blow Me One Last Kiss (Pink)
Everybody Talks (Neon Trees)
Good Tim (Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen)
I'm a Believer (Smashmouth)
Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen)
We Run the Night (Pitbull)
Titanium (David Guetta and Sia)
Faster (Matt Nathanson)
Hello (Karmin)
Girlfriend (Avril Lavinge)
Youth without Youth (Metric)
Into the Night (Chad Kroeger)
Chasing the Sun (The Wanted)
Rumour Has It (Adele)
Dog Days are Over (Florence and the Machine)
*amazing, but some songs may not be appropriate for young one’s ears, so use discretion :)

 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment