Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The perfect vacation workout

I just had a great workout, and guess what...I'm on vacation. Just because I get to sleep in for a few days and relax by the pool, doesn't mean I want to lose what I work so hard for the rest of the year. So here is the workout I just did. It's cardio, it's strength, it's challenging and it's done in 40 minutes flat.




20 minute run: I ran the biggest, longest, steepest hill of my entire life and it felt GREAT. So wherever you are, in a hotel, at the lake, on the beach or in the mountains, find a trail, road or treadmill and get your booty moving.

16 minutes of strength and plyometrics, Tabata style: do 8 sets of 20 seconds of work/10 seconds of rest (total of 4 minutes) for each of the following exercises. Complete all 8 sets of one exercise before moving on to the next.
  • Push ups
  • Jump squats
  • Tricep Dips
  • Planks
4 minutes stretching

...and then move on to the rest of your vacation plans. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment