Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A legal drug for athlete: Music!

I don’t know about you, but I work out harder and longer with music than without. I can’t even imagine running for any length of distance without my running play lists. Ever wonder why that is? Costas Karageorghis, Ph.D., from London’s Brunel University School of Sport and Education Research says that “music is like a legal drug for athletes.” And his research shows that using music while you exercise reduces the perception of how hard you’re working PLUS you can increase your endurance by 15%! The full article on Dr. Karageorghis’ findings can be read by clicking here.
So speaking of music, here’s a play list that I’ve used for the past week…enjoy!
This is love: Will.i.am
Nothing but the beat: David Guetta
#that power: Will.i.am
Whine up: Kat de Luna
Alive: Krewella
Sail: Awol Nation
I love it: Icona Pop
Trouble maker: Olly Murs
Next to me: Ememi Sande
Play hard: David Guetta
Crank it up: David Guetta
Bounce: Calvin Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment