Friday, March 10, 2017

The perfect way to do asparagus for breakfast (or lunch...or dinner)

I love asparagus but for some reason, I only really make it if we are having steak or if it would go well with whatever meat we are grilling. BUT recently, I've been alternating one low carb day with a higher carb day and needed to expand my veggies...I was getting soooooo bored with zucchini and spinach and broccoli and everything else I was eating. Enter asparagus for breakfast. Now it's my fav! PLUS, it's loaded with nutrients like fiber, vitamins A, C, E, K and folate. AND ti's a natural diuretic. So my new low carb day meal is 2 eggs and 2 egg whites, 1/4 avocado and 1-2 cups asparagus...make like this:

What you need:
  • Asparagus (I like the kind that is at least as thick as my ring finger)
  • Favorite seasoning (this is mine)
  • Water
What you do:
  1. Bring a small pan of water to a boil
  2. Wash and break off the reedy ends of the asparagus (they will break off at a natural place)
  3. Cut them into 2 inch pieces
  4. Toss them in the boiling water to blanch for about 1-2 minutes.
  5. Pour a couple table spoons of the water into a heated pan on the stove
  6. Drain the asparagus and pop into the pan to sautee for about 2-3 minutes 
  7. Add seasoning
  8. Eat!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment