Monday, April 13, 2020

Pizza night


  

  
One of my favorite foods is pizza. I know I'm not alone in this. I also don't eat food with gluten and I don't eat dairy...sooooo....pizza is basically off the menu for me unless I go to VERY specific restaurants or make it myself. This week, we did make-your-own pizza night at my house and I wanted to share my two favorite pizza crusts.
I found a cauliflower crust at Trader Joe's (freezer section), got a ton of veggies from the salad bar...because I'm lazy...and sprinkled some dairy free cheese. Oh..and I treated myself to a some pepperoni. Let me tell you...it was DELICIOUS. I got tons of veggies in (they are hidden under the cheese and pepperoni...haha) and was able to enjoy pizza with my family. It even reheated really well a couple days later. Definitely worth a try. The cauliflower crust could also be used as any kind of bread or cracker replacement for dipping or topping...can't wait to use it again!                               



UPDATE: So, if you are totally grain free, this Mikey's pizza crust (I get mine at Sprouts), is pretty tasty as well AND if you are reading this during the Covid-19 stay-at-home order where salad bars are closed, I will be using just extra chopped up veggies from my fridge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment