Monday, April 18, 2016

Eggs on a Veggie Pile

So after eating completely clean for 3 days, I was super nervous about what I was going to eat after my food wasn't being delivered to me. I mean, I eat pretty clean, but I think I've slacked off on my veggie intake lately because I've been so crazy busy. But that is no excuse; I just need to get smarter and more creative with my veggie consumption. Enter my new favorite meal: Eggs on a Veggie Pile. I'm serious...this is soooo good and really pretty easy if you use some short-cuts and think ahead a bit. 

My first go at this yumminess, I was at the grocery store and was going right home to feed my family lunch, so I ran through the salad bar and got a ton of raw, pre-cut up veggies (mushrooms, kale, spinach, peppers, onions, zucchini, etc.) and then their whole counterparts for later when I had a few minutes to chop. 

I threw all of that fresh jazz into a tsp of olive oil and sauteed for like 3 minutes (until the spinach and kale wilted). While the wilting was happening, I make 3 eggs over medium (so that the yokes were runny, but not tooooo runny), which took about 3 minutes as well. I put the pile of veggies (probably 3 cups of goodness) on my plate, topped with the eggs and threw about a 1/4 avocado on top and it was amazing!! Just in case you want to know the nutritional info. My skillet with 3 whole eggs had 388 calories, 23 grams of protein, 18 grams carbs, 7 grams fiber, 26 grams fat and lots and lots of the daily nutrients my body needs like iron, calcium, vitamins A and C and potassium. NOW, I have taken 7 minutes to chop up a ton of the same veggies and put them in several containers in my fridge to just throw them in my skillet for my next meal. I feel like I'm winning at this! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment