Thursday, June 22, 2017

Cauliflower Rice, I love you...let me count the ways...

If you haven't heard of cauliflower rice, it is going to change your life. Okay...maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's really amazing. Cauliflower rice is simply cauliflower chopped into tiny, rice sized pieces that can be used in the place of rice for just about anything. I love it so much because instead of rice when I'm eating lower carb, I can use this veggie and still get the "I'm-eating-rice-feeling." Cauliflower is one of those foods that absorbs the flavors in sauce and broth (much like rice), plus it's simply a vegetable loaded with fiber and vitamins. You can totally make your own with a food processor or grating it with a cheese grater, but it's super cheap and convenient in the frozen food sections at Trader Joe's ($1.99) and other stores ($4). I use this stuff all the time (at least 3 times a week). Let me share some of the uses-you probably have some creative ones too...feel free to comment!)

1. For taco night I use cauliflower as my base with lettuce, shredded chicken, avocado and salsa
2. I use it in almost all soups...especially this feel-better-soup
3. In the place of rice in stir-fry or any Asian dishes (I even put it with my Chinese take-out)
4. Put it in salads for some extra veggie fiber and texture
5. In the place of quinoa in this fast and delish protein on-the-go recipe of mine.
6. You can back with it too...check out these yummy sounding recipes. 

Eat your veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment