Thursday, June 15, 2017

Obsessed with this low carb, high flavor, totally clean dish: Chicken pesto "pasta"

                                                         
I can not get enough of this dish. For someone that tries to eat clean and doesn't eat dairy or wheat, I miss comforting pasta dishes like crazy. This might just be my savior-I've made it three times in the past week and can't get enough. It's totally clean, low carb, high protein and perfect. The pesto is so good apparently one might want to lick the spatula like it's brownie batter. 

So here's the deal-you can make the "noodles" with spaghetti squash (easiest way ever here) or zucchini noodles (I use this way or simply take a carrot peeler to the zucchini or yellow squash). For the rest, I used leftover grilled chicken and this amazingly simple pesto recipe:

What you need:
(serves 4)
  • 1 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon lemon jiuce
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
What you do:
  1. Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth
  2. Stir your pesto into your "noodle" of choice and add the chicken
I hope you all enjoy this as much as I do. I've tried it with different squash noodles and the spaghetti squash is by far my fav!


No comments:

Post a Comment