Monday, November 16, 2020

Acorns are not just for squirrels

I mean...Acorn SQUASH. This is embarrassing, but I've never eaten acorn squash (that I know of)...and definitely haven't prepared one. That is, until now. Can I invite you to do something? Go out to a store, get an acorn squash and roast it immediately. I can't believe yummy this vitamin packed buddy is. Not only is it delicious, it's a great source of vitamins C, B and magnesium. Go heart health and immune system!



What you need:

(hardly anything)

  • Oil of your choice (I used avocado oil)
  • Salt
  • Pepper

What you do:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 375
  2. Cut your acorn squash in half from stem to tip
  3. Spoon out seeds and stringy stuff
  4. Rub insides with oil
  5. Sprinkle salt and pepper over entire squash
  6. Place two halves on a cookie sheet cut side up
  7. Roast (that's just a fancy word for bake) for about an hour or until your fork slides right in
  8. Eat!


You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment