Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Acai Berry Protein Smoothie Bowl

 

I know I'm late to the game, but I'm OBSESSED with smoothie bowls right now. Anyone else?

If you haven't yet tried them, let me introduce you. Basically a smoothie bowl is a thick, eat-with-a-spoon smoothie topped with fruit or nuts or coconut or seeds or granola or really anything you'd like. Delicious!

You can, and I have, purchased these delicious bowls at certain juice/smoothie places, but you can also super easily make them at home for less $$ and perhaps even more yummy flavor. 

This is my go-to at home breakfast or lunch when I need something cool, refreshing and full of vitamins. There are a lot of frozen ingredients, so feel free to freeze your own...it's important to have them frozen because that is what give the smoothie a thicker eat-with-a-spoon consistency (along with the chia seeds). 

E. H. Fitness Acai Berry Protein Smoothie Bowl

What you need:

  • packet of frozen acai (I get mine at Sprouts)
  • 1 small frozen banana (or 1/2 large)
  • 1/4 cup frozen avocado chunks (I get mine at Sprouts or Costco)
  • 1 TBSP chia seeds
  • 1/4-1/2 cup or so of unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 scoop (1/2 serving) of protein powder (I really like the vegan Orgain Vanilla)
  • handful of spinach or kale or other greens if you have them laying around
    My favorite toppings: sliced strawberries, blueberries and 2 TBSP gluten-free granola

What you do: 
  1. Blend the junk out of all the ingredients (minus the toppings).
  2. Pour into a bowl
  3. I like to put my bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes or so while I get my toppings together/chopped
  4. Top your bowl
  5. Eat!
A tip when blending. Use a strong blender and scoop up the stuff that gets shot to the sides of the blender and re-blend when necessary

No comments:

Post a Comment