Friday, December 2, 2022

E.H. Fitness Super-Simple Ham and Mushroom Quiche


When I was growing up, my mom used to make this quiche that had ham and mushrooms and corn and cheese, and it was sooooo good. So good, in fact, that I asked for it each year as my birthday meal. 

Now, since I can't eat dairy or gluten, it has felt like a stretch to make something like that...until now. I tried it and it is deliciously easy and tasty and reminds me of the "old days." Enjoy!



What you need:

  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 3/4 cup ham cubes (cut into small pieces)
  • 3/4 cup whole corn kernels (I do the canned kind :))
  • 3/4 cup favorite non-dairy cheese
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
  • 3/4 tsp ground pepper
  • cooking spray (or use a silicone pan!)

What you do:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Sprinkle mushrooms, ham, and cheese in the bottom of a greased baking dish (or use my favorite, a silicone pan)
  3. Wisk together eggs, milk, oil, salt and pepper
  4. Pour egg mixture over filling mixture
  5. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling a bit and brown around the edges
  6. Let sit for 15 minutes before slicing in and enjoying!
NOTE: You can totally do this same recipe in your pie crust of choice...just be sure to bake the crust and let it cool before adding the other stuff :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment