Sunday, January 1, 2023

Creamy Baked Boursin (Dairy Free) and Tomato Pasta (Gluten Free)


 I made this new-to-me concept tonight with my own twists thrown in. I'm going to be honest; I wasn't sure how it would turn out or if my kids would eat it. But it was AMAZING and everyone cleaned their plates! 


This is one of those meals that I'll keep coming back to because it's so versatile. I can have it dairy and gluten free, the rest of my family can eat regular pasta AND (this is a big bonus), I can serve it deconstructed to my kiddos-it's the best! Also, my family didn't know I had used the dairy free version of Boursin cheese...you have to try it...it's amazing!

E. H. Fitness Creamy Baked Boursin and Tomato Pasta

What you need:
  • container of non-dairy Boursin cheese (I found mind at Trader Joe's)
  • container of grape tomatoes
  • 3 TBSP minced garlic
  • 2 TBSP olive or avocado oil
  • 1 package fresh baby spinach
  • 3 cups uncooked pasta of your choice (I did gluten free for myself and regular for my family)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

What you do:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Place cheese in a cooking dish and surround it with the tomatoes
  3. Sprinkle with minced garlic, drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper to taste
  4. Bake cheese/tomatoes/garlic for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and tomatoes have softened
  5. While cheese stuff is baking, cook pasta according to package directions
  6. Drain pasta when finished but leave just a bit of the pasta water in the pan with the drained-ish pasta
  7. Stir in the fresh spinach to the hot pasta so that it wilts
  8. Pour the cheese/tomato/garlic sauce onto pasta and toss
  9. Feel free to add other veggies like zucchini, mushrooms or add protein like shrimp or grilled chicken.

Enjoy!

Deconstructed for the kids-they ate every last bite: 



No comments:

Post a Comment