Sunday, October 30, 2016

Candy overload...trying something different for birthday favors

I know I'm not the only one out there that feels like this is the start of eat-all-the-candy-cake-cookies-etc. season. Right?! I mean, maybe I'm the only one but with all the parties and trick-or-treating and trunk-or-treating and just give-kids-bags-of-candy-for-fun, my kids are sugared out. They might not realize it, but their craziness and then tiredness and then upset stomachs all point to too much candy. So I decided this year for Carter's little birthday celebration at school to send glo-sticks instead of cupcakes and do mini-pumpkins as party favors for his birthday party instead of decorated cookies or cute sack of candy. And I'll tell you what...the kids went bananas for both "switch outs!" I feel like maybe those tiny changes at least cancel out a bit of the big bowl of candy I have ready for trick-or-treaters. I mean, 'tis the season :) #mostlyhealthychoices

No comments:

Post a Comment