Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Lazy Monday Night Meal: Salmon, Veggies and Rice



It's tough...finding something to feed your family EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT. That is why I like "lazy" cooking nights. Last night for instance, I had dinner on the table in 30 minutes flat and felt great about what I was feeding my family. I used frozen, individually portioned wild Alaskan salmon, whole grain steam-in-the-bag rice with veggies and a fantastic frozen veggie mix.                                                                                     

Here are the details:

I love love love Morey's Marinated Wild Alaskan Salmon. I get it at Costco, but they sell it other places too. It's gluten free, individual portions and can be cooked from frozen. I know, I know. Frozen salmon? I'm usually a hard pass on frozen fish, but this is amazing. Throw these guys in a 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes and eat. (Or if you have all your stuff together, you can thaw over night in the fridge and it takes 12 minutes to bake...I just never remember.)

While your salmon is baking sautee your favorite frozen veggies...my go to is the Kirkland Stir-fry Blend...it has like 8 kinds of veggies in it and is delicious with just some sea salt and pepper.  

While your frozen veggies are thawing and getting tender, throw some steam-in-bag rice in the microwave. My favorite right now is Birds Eye Brown and Wild Rice with Carrots and Broccoli. I just throw some seasoning on it or if I'm feeling frisky, some soy sauce or Soyaki. 

No comments:

Post a Comment