Tuesday, November 6, 2018

I've got dinner covered for you...

Yesterday, it was cold. It was rainy. And my fridge? It was empty. I really really didn't want to the store to pick up dinner stuff, so I opened my freezer and realized I had a ton of half bags of frozen veggies, a pound of ground beef and in my cupboard, a can of tomatoes, an onion, some beef broth and a baking potato. All of that gave me a wonderful idea. I threw everything into my crockpot (after browning the meat and cutting up the onion and potato) and spiced it up In 5 hours (on low...you could speed up the process by cooking it on the stove in a stockpot for an hour or so) it was DELICIOUS. Here's what I had for the exact recipe, but I urge you to make your own out of your random stuff!

What I had:


  • 1/2 bag frozen mixed veggies (Hodgepodge from Trader Joe's)
  • 1/2 bag frozen corn
  • 1/2 bag frozen roasted peppers and onions
  • 1/2 bag frozen green beans
  • 1/2 bag cauliflower rice
  • 1 large baking potato (chopped with skin)
  • 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
  • 1 box of beef bone broth
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • oregano
  • thyme
  • salt
  • pepper
  • minced garlic
  • Worcestershire sauce
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment