Saturday, February 9, 2019

5 Reasons to Drink Warm Lemon Water in the Morning

As soon as I get up, I always chug a big glass of water....it gets me that much closer to drinking half my body weight in oz of water a day. But lately, it's been so cold, I've started to drink the water warm and then as the coffee is brewing, I do a mug with some lemon juice. I've see all the stuff before about lemon water and it's benefits, but I kinda forgot about it until our next door neighbor shared his morning routine with me. I thought, "heck...if Jeff is doing this, I can do that!"

I did a little research because, let's be honest, how many of us have even 30 more seconds in our mornings to cut open a lemon and squeeze it into some warm water...not me, my friends. UNLESS it really does something good for my body.

Let me share what I found out about warm lemon water in the mornings:
  • Helps hydrate the body after sleeping (which dehydrates the body)
  • Warm water is more quickly absorbed into the system
  • Warm water wakes up the digestion system (helps you pee and poop)
  • Adding lemon is great because it gives us a boost of Vitamin C...who couldn't use more of that during cold and flu season? 
  • Lemon also helps our liver with detoxification...get that bad stuff out of our system
 And now let me share what I have noticed from drinking warm lemon water personally:
  • It totally aids in digestion
  • I feel a bit more awake (probably because I'm hydrating myself)
  • I have yet to get sick (now I probably will because I just wrote that)
  • My kids do NOT like the taste, so they leave my mug alone-bonus! ⬇️
Worth it? Totally

Also...there are some interesting health rituals around drinking warm water first thing in the morning. Check out this interesting article for more info on drinking warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment