Thursday, February 14, 2019

Roasted Potatoes with Onions and Peppers

On Christmas morning my mom made roasted potatoes with peppers and onions as part of brunch...and even just thinking about them right now, my mouth is watering. Ever since then, I've been making a big batch each week for, well, whenever I want them. I use them as sides for salmon or hamburgers or under eggs in the morning. I can't tell you how yummy and satisfying they are AND simple to make.

What you need: 
  • Several pounds of white potatoes (my favs are smaller red and gold OR even better, the tiny bite sized kind so you don't have to cut them up)
  • 1-2 large sweet potatoes 
  • 1-2 large yellow onions
  • 4 bell peppers (I like using orange and yellow peppers for this)
  • Avocado oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
  • Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees
  • Cut up white potatoes in to medium chunks (or don't if they are the little guys)
  • Peel and cut up sweet potatoes into chunks similar to the other potatoes
  • Cut onions and peppers into chunks (remember they will shrink a bit so you can make them pretty large-time saver!)
  • Toss all potatoes and veggies in enough oil to coat them all slightly
  • Add salt and pepper
  • Spread it all out on a baking sheet
  • Cook those suckers for 20 minutes, then stir, repeat until they are baked to your preference
I like the onions and peppers to be slightly burnt, so I cook mine for a while and then just turn the oven off and let them cool in there. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment